Columbia, Ky. (September 1, 2022) – Traffic stop on the Cumberland Parkway on Tuesday night leads to drug trafficking arrest. On August 30, 2022 at approximately 11:27 p.m. a Kentucky State Police Trooper conducted a traffic stop on a 2011 Chevrolet Impala passenger car on Cumberland Parkway. The Trooper observed the vehicle’s registration was not valid and the vehicle was driving recklessly headed eastbound on the parkway in Adair County.
The vehicle was being operated by Barry Joe Kerr, age 47 of Russell Springs, KY. During the stop, the Trooper observed Kerr drop a glass smoking pipe out of his hand. Kerr and the vehicle were subsequently searched and the search produced suspected Fentanyl, suspected Methamphetamine, and prescription medication pills. Also discovered during the search was a handgun and a large sum of cash.
Kerr was arrested and lodged in the Adair County Detention Center and was charged with the following:
- Trafficking in controlled substance, 1st degree, fentanyl
- Trafficking in controlled substance, 1st degree, methamphetamine
- Possession of controlled substance, 1st degree, methamphetamine
- Trafficking in controlled substance, 3rd degree, drug unspecified
- Possession of controlled substance, 3rd degree, drug unspecified
- Possession of a Handgun by a convicted felon
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Other traffic charges
The investigation is ongoing by Trooper Jake Harper.