Eris B. Dunbar, age 89, of Russell Springs, KY passed away Sunday, December 11 2022 at his residence.
He was born on Thursday, November 23 1933, in Jamestown, KY.
He was the son of:
Mother – Lola Simpson Dunbar, who has preceded him in death
Father – Ores Dunbar, who has preceded him in death
Survivors also include:
Wife – Evelyn Dunbar of Russell Springs, KY
- Jeanetta Stogsdill, spouse Ronald, of Somerset KY
- Brenda Samuell, of Russell Springs KY
- Debbie Owens, of Monticello KY
- Kelly Mohr, spouse Jon, of Russell Springs KY
- Susan Nordhaus, spouse Kent, of Freeburg IL
- Missie Dye, spouse Rusty, of Russell Springs KY
- Carol Hensley, spouse James, of Shepherdsville KY
- Lisa Castano, spouse Anselmo, of Green Cove Springs FL
- Mike Dunbar, spouse Cheria, of Russell Springs KY.
- Chris Harmon, spouse Vivian, of Freeburg IL.
- Gary Dunbar, of Taylorsville IN
He is survived by special grandchildren, Erissa, Wyatt, Chance, Cory, Jessie, Lindsey, Joel, Autumn, Gabrielle, Joseph, Bella, Madison, Benjamin, Melissa, Kelly, Viviana and Tristan and a host of other grandchildren, great-grandchildren. He is also survived by 2 special nieces, Reba Richards and Donna Perkins and special friend Daniel Wilson Eris Dunbar was a faithful member of Mt. Eden Baptist Church and a retired Veteran of the United States Air Force. In addition to his parents, Ores and Lola Simson Dunbar, he is preceded in death by one daughter, Karen Lawless, one son, David Eris Dunbar, four sisters, Lois (Jim) Bennett, JoAnn (Ken) Baker, Lonice (Hollis) Richards, Linda (Opal) Gaskins and one brother, Ernest (Gladys) Dunbar. Military honors were provided by the Russell County Honor Guard. Pallbearers were: Chris Harmon, John McFarland, Tim Hadley, Zack Hadley, Erissa Hadley and Floyd Miller.
Funeral services will be 1 PM Thursday, December 15 2022 at Wilson Funeral Home, 391 East Steve Wariner Drive, Russell Springs, KY.
Visitation will be 5 PM to 8 PM Wednesday, December 14 2022 at Wilson Funeral Home, 391 East Steve Wariner Drive, Russell Springs, KY.
Interment will be in Ridgecrest Cemetery, Russell Springs, KY.
Bro. Garlin Wilson
Expressions of sympathy are requested to be made to Ridgecrest Cemetery and may be mailed to Missie Dye, 620 Puncheon Camp Road, Russell Springs, Kentucky 42642
Wilson Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements